Delicious dinner with a conscience:
Local food heroes, Wasted Kitchen, are creating delicious meals, cooked from scratch in their kitchens at Monkshill Farm near Dargate. Their scrummy dishes are freshly prepared each day using surplus, local food that would have otherwise gone to waste. Their packaging is plastic-free too.
What a great way of reducing waste, looking after the environment and enjoying wonderful food at the same time!
They currently offer:
- Friday Meal Bags
- Friday Freezer Fillers
- Cakes, sausage rolls and brownies
- Basics Bag – with a selection of produce
They always include a selection of vegan, vegetarian and meaty dishes. Some of their food is ready to pop in the fridge and heat when you’re ready whilst other meals are frozen to enjoy at a later stage.
Here’s an example of their lip-smacking menu:
- Slow Cooked Lamb/ Veggie/ Vegan Moussaka for two.
- Gigantes Bean and Tomato Stew with/ without feta cheese for two
- Greek Style Pickled Red Cabbage
- Lemon, Garlic & Herb Roast Potatoes
- A tub of Wasted Kitchen Hummous
- Simply Chocolate Whitstable Chocolate Medallions!
They deliver to Faversham, Whitstable, Herne Bay and Canterbury and you can check out their website https://wastedkitchen.co.uk/
Wasted Kitchen is part of Mighty Fine Things which produces drinks, vinegars, mustards, dips and sauces using local produce where possible. You can order online from their website https://www.mightyfinethings.co.uk/